Learn the Customary and Metric Measurement Systems!
Measurement determines the size, amount, or degree of something by comparing it to a standard unit of measurement. Knowledge about measurement is an important math concept that children need to learn as it applies to the everyday functions of society. Whether determining how tall you are, figuring out how long it takes to get somewhere, or finding the depth of a pool - measurement plays a key factor in everyday life - at school, work, play, and home.
Math Course 4, Basic Measurement: Step by Step addresses the major ideas of measurement by identifying measurable properties – length, area, volume, time, and temperature. Students explore the standard units of measurement for both the customary and metric measurement systems, the conversion between units, and estimation techniques for regular and irregular shapes.
This self-paced course has one or more key measurement learning objectives in each lesson. Basic Measurement 2.0 will identify learning needs through Unit tests and offers a logical and easy to follow learning path. There are 38 lessons organized in 8 Units. Tests administered in the program ensure understanding of each lesson’s learning objectives and progress can be tracked for multiple users.
The Course learning objectives align to math curriculum standards for grades 2 to 5. The course can be used at grade level for enrichment, earlier for accelerated learning, or in middle school for remediation. The Course should be successfully completed before entry to middle school.
Basic Measurement 2.0 is also available online and can be accessed from any computer operating system that is equipped with a standard internet browser.
- On screen audio-supported instruction
- Multiple registered users
- Unit level testing is used for pre-assessment of learning needs and post-assessment to confirm learning gains
- Each lesson is completed with a quiz to check the student’s understanding of the lesson’s learning objectives
- Printable worksheets for additional practice work
- There is a new graphical interface and a main menu where the student can view
progress and test reports
- Printable completion certificates for each successfully completed Quiz and Unit test.
- The course can also be taken online, by subscription (www.corelearningonline.com)
System Requirements: Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP - 128 MB RAM; 210 MB Hard Disk Space